Sunday, December 6, 2015

Happy Holidays

Well,,,,,, having a great Holiday.  Thanksgiving was fantastic.  The Mclean's and the Mccracken's came together.  It turned out so well.  Loved watching everyone talking and sharing.  I hope this becomes a tradition now that David and his family lives in Oregon.  I surely missed my Mother.  I know she was thinking about all of us and so wishing she could attend.  We did our texting and loving each other that way in 2015. 






Today I voted on the films for consideration 2015.  I was extremely focused.  I was organized and was serious.  I treated it as though I was under consideration for a film.  I did not get to see all of the films.  I could only vote on the ones I actually saw.  I either - did not get a screener, the film was short lived in the theatre's or they never were shown in Oregon.  Seems a bit unfair because I may have missed out on films that should have been considered.  Because I am no longer in Los Angeles I don't get the full benefits from the premiere houses in LA.  I have gotten a much better picture on how things work from being on this committee.  Films that have a larger marketing budget are going to be considered.  There are politics in ANY awards show. Any and all. 

I have my reading tomorrow of "HIR".  It is a bear and I am glad that it is only a reading. 

I have two back to back Holiday events to do this week and then I am over for the season. 

Staying pretty faithful to the gym.  It feels really good.  I also feel so much better when using weights as well.  Hope I can make this a routine like I did in my younger years.  Kind of like brushing your teeth everyday. 




No comments:

Post a Comment